Sometimes we need to make changes within but our material self is rigid and blocks our flow. To shift our focus, we can try using self-hypnosis to modify and change behaviors and attitudes.
Hypnosis seeks to reprogram the subconscious. One method of self-hypnosis is the following:
- Sit comfortably with legs uncrossed
- Take a few deep breaths
- Look at the ceiling, pick a point then fix your eye on it
- Try to relax then say over and over again to yourself that you want to sleep
- Count backwards from 5 to 0 and with each count breath in and out
- Close your eyes and stay in this state for awhile focusing on your breathing
In this state of heightened suggestibility, focus on the kind of changes you want to make. Suggestions should be in the form of affirmations, positive and in the present tense. For example, I am swimming with ease in deep water.
Focus only on one goal at a time but give goal achievement a priority.
Do self-hypnosis on a daily basis.
Write your goals down on paper.
Decide on imagery for visualization.
Disclaimer: Be careful with attempting any mind-altering activity as risks are always involved.